Monday, June 20, 2011

We are a team!



A little more about Hartmont scented candles!  I am on a constant hunt for the next scent that makes me swoon.  My very first candle that I ever made (many, many years ago) was on my farm.  If you know anything about old farm houses, you know that they tend to acquire certain smells that aren’t necessarily good.  Our old farm house suffered the same fate.  Many years of Spring seepage and general “farmy”ness had given it this certain something.
      A pic of me and one of my ponies!

Did I forget to mention that I have a certain love of all things horse-like?!  Now this, to me, is an awesome smell but not everyone would agree.  In an attempt to freshen things up on my farm, I decided that if I could make my own pickles (infinitely better than anything store bought ever) and conquer a myriad of other things, then surely I could make a candle.  How hard could it be? Ha.  Little did I know what I was delving into and yes, it does take some time and years to perfect making a candle.  My first candle was purple, scented Mulberry and smelt divine! I’m still a fan of anything Mulberry. However, that scent was pretty much one note.  I’ve expanded my palate since then and tend to try to go for more complex scents.  I love to blend really great, one note scents together and see what happens.  Some of our best selling scents happen this way...
For example, our Cucumber Wasabi takes the clean, fresh fragrance of cucumbers and kicks it up a notch with the extra sparkle that Wasabi adds.

So, if you ever meet me at a test market, please sniff the samples and give us your honest feedback.  Your responses, requests and suggestions do impact the development of the Hartmont scent line.  You have almost as much part in it as I do.  Together, we make amazingly scented candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog